Apply Nail Polish Like a Professional
1. You should have all the necessary tools at your disposal, just like professional nail technicians. You will need to prepare your nail polish, top and base coat bottles, as well as a nail file, nail clipper, polish remover, and orange stick. Also, you will need Q-tips and cotton balls. You can buy a nail polish set by visiting Candy Coat Limited.
2. Use a cotton ball to apply polish remover. After soaking your nails for several minutes in warm soapy water, rinse them and dry them well.
3. The orange stick can be used to push the cuticles back on each finger or foot.
4. To smoothen any edges or uneven surfaces, file each nail separately.
5. Apply a base coat to protect your nails and stop stains. Start at the cuticle, and finish at the tip of the nail. Let the base coat dry for at least five minutes before applying your polish.
6. Do not shake the nail polish bottle. Roll the bottle between your palms for about 10-15 seconds to get rid of any bubbles. Take the bottle out of the container and wipe off any excess polish with a clean cloth. The first coat of color should be applied in three evenly spaced strokes.
Start at the middle of each nail, and work your way outwards. Next, apply color to the tips. Brush in the same direction each time you apply color to ensure a smooth coverage.
It takes practice and patience to master polishing like a professional.